Thursday 17 November 2011

Soundtrack experiment- Execution

In order to create the soundtrack for my piece, I will use the software Soundtrack Pro. This is because this particular software is simple to use and is especially created for editing with Final Cut Pro, which is the software I will use to edit my piece once I have the final footage. So that I know how to use the software properly, I've set myself a task of changing the mood of a piece of footage that I took using only the soundtrack. The piece of film I used for this task is a piece of outtake footage from the preliminary task back in September. I decided to use this piece of film because it's blurry and there is nothing really going on, therefore it wouldn't distract from the soundtrack- however it is still easy to detect atmosphere changes  in the clip.


 In order to create my soundtracks, I would find an instrument bed or envelope that I liked the sound of, and then simply drag it into the track, as shown in the screenshot above. I then cut the lengths of the beds in order to fit with the kind of atmosphere I was creating.

Once I was happy with the soundtrack I had created, I then exported it onto my desktop, as shown above, in order to be able to use it in final cut.


 This is a screen shot of the thriller inspired soundtrack I made. In order to make the film itself a little more reflective of the genre and therefore ensure the soundtrack sounded successful, I mixed parts of the film up to jump cut as the music jumps.














No comments:

Post a Comment